AIFM is looking for a consultant to help raise funds for MEDFORVAL
The International Association Mediterranean Forests is looking for a fundraising consultant to support the MEDFORVAL project.
The MEDFORVAL project, "Network of woodlands with high ecological value" (http://www.medforval.aifm.org), has the general objective of bringing together practitioners and decision makers from different sectors of the Mediterranean to concrete measures to protect, manage or restore the ecological values of their respective sites, through networking.
This project, funded by MAVA Foundation for Nature over three years, from March 2015 to February 2018, is coordinated by the International Association Mediterranean Forests (AIFM) as part of its actions at the international level, particularly the Collaborative Partnership on Mediterranean Forests (CPMF) and the Strategic Framework for Mediterranean Forests (CSFM - axis 1, 3, 5 and 6).
The project is currently structured around 3 main activities:
- The identification, networking and collaboration of sites of high ecological value;
- Exchange best practices, knowledge and expertise, implement pilot actions and develop project proposals;
- Dissemination of information among decision makers in different sectors on ecological values and threats to Mediterranean forests, particularly in international fora.
In the framework of the completion of the MAVA Foundation funding and the interest expressed by Network members in the continuation of the Project, the AIFM wishes to review and consolidate the funding strategy for the MEDFORVAL Network. As such, the AIFM wishes to:
- Conduct a strategic review on the objectives and activities of the Network to address current issues and donor requirements;
- Identify new sources of funding to which the Network or specific activities of the Network, would be eligible;
- Finalize the Network's business plan, in accordance with relevant conventions, and in a way that attracts donors.
The general objective is to support the AIFM Secretariat to finalize the MEDFORVAL Network business plan by 2022 and to identify possible new sources of funding according to the objectives and activities of the Network.
For more info about the terms of reference, deadlines and hiring conditions, please contact the AIFM Secretariat: email@example.com