Problematic of the Mediterranean forest (Interreg IIC, 1999-2001)
Presentation of the project
This project, the first that AIFM has led, was born in line with the ideas that led to the creation of the AIFM.
The project was a collective work to examine how to organize the “cooperation of Mediterranean forest.” Six working groups were created to study this question:
• Specific environmental Mediterranean basin,
• Civilization and Heritage
• Societies, territories, institutions,
• Risks to forests and natural land Mediterranean, and the role of forests in risk prevention,
• Education, research, advocacy,
This collective work brought together five partners from three countries: the French State, Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur (France), National Park of Vesuvius, Campania Region (Italy), Generalitat Valenciana (Spain).
The result is synthesized in a book (see documents linked), and drove to the adoption of the the Declaration of Marseille on the Mediterranean forests